Firefighters were called to a car alight on a driveway in Shalmsford Street, Chartham which was spreading to the front of a house.
When firefighters arrived at 3.30 pm on Saturday 18 March, the fire had spread to the windows and doors at the front of a house.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus and using a compressed air foam system (CAFS) and hose reel jets extinguished the blaze.
The property was smoke-logged as a result of the fire.
The cause of the
blaze is believed to be accidental, due to a mechanical issue with the car.
© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 -
Comments powered by Disqus