If your home is lacking a heating system, contact Ashford Borough Council.
Cold homes are not just uncomfortable to live in, they can have a negative impact on health.
Ashford Borough Council has secured Warm Homes funding along with additional monies from several other partners to install a gas connection and first-time gas central heating systems for owner occupied or privately rented properties in the borough.
The council can provide up to 100% funded (for eligible households) gas connection for first time central heating systems.
Does your household meet the following?
· Privately owned or rented property (not a council house or housing association).
· No gas meter/ pipework connecting to the gas mains.
· Live relatively near mains gas.
· Not have an existing gas or any other ‘wet’ central heating system (a boiler and radiators) in your property.
To meet the qualifying criteria are you:
· In receipt of benefits, or
· On a low income.
· Anyone in your household suffering from a health condition that is impacted by living in a cold home.
- Attempted burglary call leads to arrests of boys in Margate
- Court appearance for suspect following Maidstone assaults
- Four charged over assault in Whitstable
- Lepidopterists in Kent head for the woods in UK’s annual Moth Night
- Plaque in memory of murdered Aylesham PCSO Julia James goes missing from village Market Place
Grants are also available for loft and cavity wall insulation. Ashford Council can check if your home needs insulation even if you already have central heating. The funding available is time limited.
Call Julian Watts Senior EHO on 01233 330339 or email Privatesectorhousing@ashford.gov.uk or visit https://www.ashford.gov.uk/housing/grants/private-sector-grants