If your home is lacking a heating system, contact Ashford Borough Council.
Cold homes are not just uncomfortable to live in, they can have a negative impact on health.
Ashford Borough Council has secured Warm Homes funding along with additional monies from several other partners to install a gas connection and first-time gas central heating systems for owner occupied or privately rented properties in the borough.
The council can provide up to 100% funded (for eligible households) gas connection for first time central heating systems.
Does your household meet the following?
· Privately owned or rented property (not a council house or housing association).
· No gas meter/ pipework connecting to the gas mains.
· Live relatively near mains gas.
· Not have an existing gas or any other ‘wet’ central heating system (a boiler and radiators) in your property.
To meet the qualifying criteria are you:
· In receipt of benefits, or
· On a low income.
· Anyone in your household suffering from a health condition that is impacted by living in a cold home.
- IT company staff walk 3 million steps for disabled Maidstone girl
- CCTV appeal following theft of cigarettes from supermarket in Folkestone
- Kent Police CCTV appeal over theft of gas bottles at Sutton Valence near Maidstone
- Specials cast their net for illegal anglers in Monk Lakes near Maidstone
- Woman in 50s threatened by boy while waiting for bus in Herne Bay
Grants are also available for loft and cavity wall insulation. Ashford Council can check if your home needs insulation even if you already have central heating. The funding available is time limited.
Call Julian Watts Senior EHO on 01233 330339 or email Privatesectorhousing@ashford.gov.uk or visit https://www.ashford.gov.uk/housing/grants/private-sector-grants