Kent Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit is appealing for witnesses after a fatal incident near Ashford.
Officers were called on the evening of Tuesday 15 December 2020 to a report a man in his 50s had suffered injuries in an earlier collision.
It is believed the man was a passenger in an articulated lorry and had got out to assist while the vehicle manoeuvred near a railway bridge in Cheeseman’s Green Lane, Sevington between 7pm and 8.30pm that evening.
Officers believe the lorry collided with the man before the driver and the man continued their journey. The extent of the man’s injuries then became apparent and emergency services were called. The man later died from his injuries.
- More than 100 cannabis plants seized after search of Canterbury property
- Police stop in Hythe leads to cannabis growing in Wales
- Dover international soccer player’s name lives on at Folkestone Road homes
- Dover village residents call for Pimlico Way to be closed
- MP ‘over the moon’ at launch of Dover District Vaccination Centre
- MP looks into high COVID death rate in Folkestone and Hythe
The vehicle involved is described as a white articulated lorry with blue lettering on the side.
A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in custody.
Anyone who saw the lorry in the area on the evening, or who has CCTV or dashcam footage which may assist the investigation, is urged to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538 or email email@example.com quoting reference HW/DH/111/20.