A CCTV image, shown above, has been issued by officers investigating allegations of attempted shoplifting at a store in Maidstone.
It is reported that on Wednesday 9 December 2020, a woman tried to steal multiple items of clothing from Marks and Spencer in Week Street.
The suspect entered the store between 2pm and 3pm. After selecting the items of clothing, it is alleged she attempted to leave without paying. A member of security staff challenged the suspect, who was able to leave the scene after a man she was with also intervened. All the clothing items were recovered.
Officers are now looking to trace the woman pictured, who they believe may have important information. Anyone who can assist the investigation is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/218025/20. You can also contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or by using the online form.
- Communities urged to come together for War Graves Week in Hawkinge and Shorncliffe cemeteries
- Boy hospitalised after ‘stabbing’ in Claremont Street, Herne Bay
- Kent Police launches new Domestic Abuse Hub
- KCC wins £1.3million to boost walking and cycling in Herne Bay and Sevenoaks
- Tree of Hope Kent children’s charity gearing up for Summer Fair at Tonbridge Castle
- Disruption to Kent’s roads continues as Brock stays in place for Jubilee