A CCTV image, shown above, has been issued by officers investigating allegations of attempted shoplifting at a store in Maidstone.
It is reported that on Wednesday 9 December 2020, a woman tried to steal multiple items of clothing from Marks and Spencer in Week Street.
The suspect entered the store between 2pm and 3pm. After selecting the items of clothing, it is alleged she attempted to leave without paying. A member of security staff challenged the suspect, who was able to leave the scene after a man she was with also intervened. All the clothing items were recovered.
Officers are now looking to trace the woman pictured, who they believe may have important information. Anyone who can assist the investigation is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/218025/20. You can also contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or by using the online form.
- Security warning after thieves target tools from vans in Dover
- Irish lorry driver held in NCA cross-Channel smuggling investigation
- Kent’s first large-scale vaccination centre opens its doors in Folkestone
- Folkestone barracks ‘positive test’ asylum seekers moved to Hythe hotels
- Woman rescued from house fire at Naseby Road in Folkestone
- Pair from Manchester area charged over Class A drug supply charges in Maidstone