A CCTV image, shown above, has been issued by officers investigating allegations of attempted shoplifting at a store in Maidstone.
It is reported that on Wednesday 9 December 2020, a woman tried to steal multiple items of clothing from Marks and Spencer in Week Street.
The suspect entered the store between 2pm and 3pm. After selecting the items of clothing, it is alleged she attempted to leave without paying. A member of security staff challenged the suspect, who was able to leave the scene after a man she was with also intervened. All the clothing items were recovered.
Officers are now looking to trace the woman pictured, who they believe may have important information. Anyone who can assist the investigation is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/218025/20. You can also contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or by using the online form.
- Attempted bike theft in Ramsgate sees two in hospital after helping victim and their attackers fleeing from motorcyclists
- Victim stands his ground against suspected armed robber in Ashford
- Kent homeowners urged to be aware of online scammers after £70,000 transferred to rogue bank account
- Catalogue of arrests made across Kent during Anti-social Behaviour Awareness Week
- Shops closed down after 12,000 untaxed cigarettes seized in combined police operation across Medway
- Pedestrians hospitalised after group is hit by car following fracas in Canterbury High Street