A burglary charge has been authorised against a 37-year-old man from Gordon Road, Gillingham who is alleged to have stolen a safe from Gillingham Football Club.
The man is alleged to have entered an office at the club’s Priestfield Stadium during the early hours of Thursday 7 January 2021 before stealing a safe, which contained money and other various items.
He was arrested on the same date as the offence and later charged by Kent Police’s Chief Constable’s Crime Squad with one count of burglary.
- Ramsgate sports pavilion blaze ‘deliberate’
- Dashcam footage sought after Tunbridge Wells assault
- Man and boy arrested in Folkestone drugs operation
- Ramsgate man charged over drugs and possession of samurai sword
- Crime prevention advice hub opens up in Ashford shop
He was remanded in custody to attend Medway Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 9 January.
Another 37-year-old man from Gillingham was also arrested in connection with the incident and he has been released on bail, pending further enquiries, until Wednesday 3 February.