A burglary charge has been authorised against a 37-year-old man from Gordon Road, Gillingham who is alleged to have stolen a safe from Gillingham Football Club.
The man is alleged to have entered an office at the club’s Priestfield Stadium during the early hours of Thursday 7 January 2021 before stealing a safe, which contained money and other various items.
He was arrested on the same date as the offence and later charged by Kent Police’s Chief Constable’s Crime Squad with one count of burglary.
- Prisoner in Kent jail charged with blackmail after hacking link
- Folkestone and Hythe Council with BRA support helps remove taggers’ graffiti
- Appeal to find girl missing from Broadstairs
- Kent law firm’s charity donates £5,000 to support Autistic Trust
- Phone and bank card stolen by gang during violent street robbery in Ramsgate
He was remanded in custody to attend Medway Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 9 January.
Another 37-year-old man from Gillingham was also arrested in connection with the incident and he has been released on bail, pending further enquiries, until Wednesday 3 February.