A burglary charge has been authorised against a 37-year-old man from Gordon Road, Gillingham who is alleged to have stolen a safe from Gillingham Football Club.
The man is alleged to have entered an office at the club’s Priestfield Stadium during the early hours of Thursday 7 January 2021 before stealing a safe, which contained money and other various items.
He was arrested on the same date as the offence and later charged by Kent Police’s Chief Constable’s Crime Squad with one count of burglary.
- All change for Folkestone & Hythe waste collections over Christmas and New Year!
- Injured woman escapes after man attacks her from behind in busy Canterbury Street
- Local man bailed after fatal hit-and-run in Folkestone
- Relentless shoplifter who stole thousands of pounds worth of expensive alcohol ends up behind bars
- Hospital funds get a boost from Folkestone family’s dazzling lights
He was remanded in custody to attend Medway Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 9 January.
Another 37-year-old man from Gillingham was also arrested in connection with the incident and he has been released on bail, pending further enquiries, until Wednesday 3 February.