A burglary charge has been authorised against a 37-year-old man from Gordon Road, Gillingham who is alleged to have stolen a safe from Gillingham Football Club.
The man is alleged to have entered an office at the club’s Priestfield Stadium during the early hours of Thursday 7 January 2021 before stealing a safe, which contained money and other various items.
He was arrested on the same date as the offence and later charged by Kent Police’s Chief Constable’s Crime Squad with one count of burglary.
- Rocks thrown from bridge over A20 in Kent smashes windscreen and showers driver with glass
- Firearm seized in M20 pursuit near Maidstone
- IT company staff walk 3 million steps for disabled Maidstone girl
- CCTV appeal following theft of cigarettes from supermarket in Folkestone
- Kent Police CCTV appeal over theft of gas bottles at Sutton Valence near Maidstone
He was remanded in custody to attend Medway Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 9 January.
Another 37-year-old man from Gillingham was also arrested in connection with the incident and he has been released on bail, pending further enquiries, until Wednesday 3 February.