A suspected burglar has appeared in court charged with multiple offences following his arrest in Canterbury.
The man was arrested in Canterbury on the evening of Wednesday 6 January 2021 following an investigation by Kent Police.
- Kent Police officers welcomed by Wingham school children
- Kent Police make forfeiture application from men who guarded £745,000 criminal cash
The 51-year-old, of no fixed address, has since been charged with:
• The theft of 11 laptops in two burglaries in Canterbury on Thursday 26 November and Friday 27 November 2020.
• Two further burglaries in Canterbury in which a wallet was stolen on Friday 4 December, and a wallet, car keys and other items were stolen on Sunday 6 December.
• Nine counts of shoplifting in the city between Friday 20 November and Sunday 27 December.
• Two counts of the theft of bicycles in Canterbury on Saturday 28 November and Monday 30 November.
• Four counts of fraud in relation to the alleged use of a stolen bank card on Friday 4 December.
He appeared before Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Friday 8 January and was remanded in custody to appear before Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 8 February.