Five arrests were made after vehicles containing a total of around £54,000 were stopped at the Channel Tunnel.
The two cars were searched by Border Force officials at the outbound tourist controls in Cheriton, near Folkestone, at about 9pm on Saturday 6 February 2021.
Kent Police officers attended the scene after the cash was located and are now carrying out an investigation.
- Arrest after attempted armed robbery in Meopham
- Specials Task Force called in for clampdown on anti-social behaviour in Tonbridge
- Margate robbery in Dane Park – do you recognise these men?
- Suspect charged with stalking woman in Folkestone
- Men hospitalised after bottle fight in Tonbridge
Three women in their twenties, two from Hertfordshire and the third of no fixed address, were arrested on suspicion of money laundering along with a 25-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 33-year-old man from London.
All five have been released from custody pending further enquiries.