Five arrests were made after vehicles containing a total of around £54,000 were stopped at the Channel Tunnel.
The two cars were searched by Border Force officials at the outbound tourist controls in Cheriton, near Folkestone, at about 9pm on Saturday 6 February 2021.
Kent Police officers attended the scene after the cash was located and are now carrying out an investigation.
- Jail for former IT technician from Maidstone who installed software on work computers to spy on staff
- Police probe into racially motivated damage to Sikh Temple in Gravesend
- County line drug dealer in Folkestone is jailed
- Environmentalists call on Council for immediate halt to planned Hythe canal clearance
- ‘Business’ of ferrets stolen from Harrietsham near Maidstone
Three women in their twenties, two from Hertfordshire and the third of no fixed address, were arrested on suspicion of money laundering along with a 25-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 33-year-old man from London.
All five have been released from custody pending further enquiries.