Five arrests were made after vehicles containing a total of around £54,000 were stopped at the Channel Tunnel.
The two cars were searched by Border Force officials at the outbound tourist controls in Cheriton, near Folkestone, at about 9pm on Saturday 6 February 2021.
Kent Police officers attended the scene after the cash was located and are now carrying out an investigation.
- Co-op store severely damaged in attempt to steal cash machine near Sevenoaks – Man charged
- Give your unwanted IT gear and gadgets a new home without giving away your data
- ‘Hated’ Hythe hoardings on Princes Parade to come down
- Gravesend lecturer’s painting and decorating talents impress and inspire others
- Phone snatched from Bluewater employee after attack in shopping centre
Three women in their twenties, two from Hertfordshire and the third of no fixed address, were arrested on suspicion of money laundering along with a 25-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 33-year-old man from London.
All five have been released from custody pending further enquiries.