Five arrests were made after vehicles containing a total of around £54,000 were stopped at the Channel Tunnel.
The two cars were searched by Border Force officials at the outbound tourist controls in Cheriton, near Folkestone, at about 9pm on Saturday 6 February 2021.
Kent Police officers attended the scene after the cash was located and are now carrying out an investigation.
- Four arrested as officers stop car and seize drugs in Ramsgate
- Witnesses sought following mystery death of man near Dartford
- CCTV released following high value shoplifting in Aylesham
- Three indecent exposure reports in Paddock Wood thought to be same man
- Community News – Folkestone & Hythe
Three women in their twenties, two from Hertfordshire and the third of no fixed address, were arrested on suspicion of money laundering along with a 25-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 33-year-old man from London.
All five have been released from custody pending further enquiries.