Five arrests were made after vehicles containing a total of around £54,000 were stopped at the Channel Tunnel.
The two cars were searched by Border Force officials at the outbound tourist controls in Cheriton, near Folkestone, at about 9pm on Saturday 6 February 2021.
Kent Police officers attended the scene after the cash was located and are now carrying out an investigation.
- Attempted sexual assault by man with knife in Bedgebury Pinetum Hawkhurst
- Suspected Ashford drug dealers in court following police stop in Winchelsea
- Ashford launches ‘rubbish’ wildlife photo competition
- Is this when Viking Bay lift in Broadstairs re-opens?
- Dover Clock Tower Square opens in time for Summer
Three women in their twenties, two from Hertfordshire and the third of no fixed address, were arrested on suspicion of money laundering along with a 25-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 33-year-old man from London.
All five have been released from custody pending further enquiries.