Three men are due to appear in court charged with two robberies in Kent.
Kent Police report that on Friday 12 March 2021, it received a report of a robbery in progress at a commercial premises in Joy Lane, Whitstable, at around 3pm. A member of staff was assaulted and cash and cigarettes were stolen. Police stopped a car in Hengist Way near Ramsgate the same day and three men were arrested.
- Weather warning of flood risk to Kent tonight!
- New images released of boy missing from Sevenoaks since 10th October
- Ashford drug dealers jailed for more than 9 years
• Neil Clarke, 37, from Ramsgate, has been charged with the robbery, possession of an offensive weapon, failing to stop for police and driving without insurance or a licence.
• Zymon Elsom, also from Ramsgate, has been charged with the robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
• Kane Sampson, 20, of no fixed address, has been charged with the robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
All three have also been charged with another robbery and possession of a knife, following an incident in which a business in Queens Road, Broadstairs, was targeted on Tuesday 9 March 2021. Staff reported being threatened with a knife and cigarettes and alcohol were taken.
The trio are due to appear at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Monday 15 March 2021.