Ashford in Bloom is back, better and bigger than ever before and there’s something for all residents to get involved in whether they have a single houseplant or a sprawling pasture.
The categories are:
Best front or back garden
Most environmentally friendly garden
Best communal garden
Best window box
Best indoor garden
Best young gardener U-14
Cllr Ken Mulholland Deputy Portfolio Holder for Housing, said: “After the last year, everyone is more aware of the importance of green spaces, big and small, which is why I am so delighted to be involved in Ashford in Bloom. We have more categories this year, meaning even more residents can get involved.
- Lorry driver killed in collision on A2 near Dover
- Kent volunteers donate knitted teddies to support traumatised young victims
- Man and woman charged after man in hospital following Margate assault
- Man charged following aggressive knife incident at Ashford High Street pub
- Urgent wetland scheme to lessen effects of new housing developments in Ashford given green light
“Gardening has provided an outlet for many people during these difficult times and has encouraged people to be innovative in ways they may not have been before. I cannot wait to see what the gardens of Ashford and Tenterden have in store for us”
Residents should send their entries to Ashfordinbloom@ashford.gov.uk with the category they want to enter as the subject line. Residents will be expected to include pictures of their entry as well as a few sentences about their space.
Please be aware only one entry per household will be allowed. More information about each individual category can be found on our website by visiting www.ashford.gov.uk/housing/ashford-in-bloom-2021/.http://www.ashford.gov.uk/housing/ashford-in-bloom-2021/