A Chatham man has been charged with a number of offences following reports of a rape in the town.
At 9.24pm on 27 March 2021 Kent Police received a report that a woman had been raped inside a property in New Road.
The victim reported that the man, who was known to her, raped her and also assaulted her before she was able to leave the property.
- Weather warning of flood risk to Kent tonight!
- New images released of boy missing from Sevenoaks since 10th October
- Ashford drug dealers jailed for more than 9 years
- Canterbury school plants ‘royal’ tree to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- MP demands East Kent Hospitals maternity service improvements after ‘damning report’
As part of the investigation officers have charged a 52-year-old man with rape, criminal damage and actual bodily harm.
The accused from Chatham, appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on 29 March where he was remanded in custody to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be determined.