A Chatham man has been charged with a number of offences following reports of a rape in the town.
At 9.24pm on 27 March 2021 Kent Police received a report that a woman had been raped inside a property in New Road.
The victim reported that the man, who was known to her, raped her and also assaulted her before she was able to leave the property.
- Lorry driver killed in collision on A2 near Dover
- Kent volunteers donate knitted teddies to support traumatised young victims
- Man and woman charged after man in hospital following Margate assault
- Man charged following aggressive knife incident at Ashford High Street pub
- Urgent wetland scheme to lessen effects of new housing developments in Ashford given green light
As part of the investigation officers have charged a 52-year-old man with rape, criminal damage and actual bodily harm.
The accused from Chatham, appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on 29 March where he was remanded in custody to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be determined.