A Chatham man has been charged with a number of offences following reports of a rape in the town.
At 9.24pm on 27 March 2021 Kent Police received a report that a woman had been raped inside a property in New Road.
The victim reported that the man, who was known to her, raped her and also assaulted her before she was able to leave the property.
- Dashcam footage sought after Ashford collision in which 18-year-old motorcyclist died
- CCTV images released after Ashford burglary of high-value bikes
- Ashford council looks to tackle anti-social behaviour at Conningbrook Lakes
- Spaniel puppies stolen from property in Denton near Hawkinge
- Former treasurer of charity run Sittingbourne pre-school ordered to repay £33,000 of stolen money
As part of the investigation officers have charged a 52-year-old man with rape, criminal damage and actual bodily harm.
The accused from Chatham, appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on 29 March where he was remanded in custody to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be determined.