A Chatham man has been charged with a number of offences following reports of a rape in the town.
At 9.24pm on 27 March 2021 Kent Police received a report that a woman had been raped inside a property in New Road.
The victim reported that the man, who was known to her, raped her and also assaulted her before she was able to leave the property.
- Off-duty Police Commander Nick, detains suspect spotted in Ashford
- Police appeal over teenage woman missing from Margate
- Southern Water helps households offering £100 of free water saving devices
- Kent woman who has overcome type 2 diabetes is urging others to act
- Half of British butterfly species on new endangered ‘Red List’
As part of the investigation officers have charged a 52-year-old man with rape, criminal damage and actual bodily harm.
The accused from Chatham, appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on 29 March where he was remanded in custody to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be determined.