A garden fire is believed to have started when a bonfire spread to a hot tub and outdoor furniture in Broadstairs.

Two fire engines were sent to a home in Ramsgate Road just after 6.30am this morning 11 June.

Crews used hose reel jets and main jets to extinguish the flames which is believed to have been accidental, as a result of the bonfire being positioned too close to the hot tub and garden furniture.

No casualties were reported.

Following the incident, crews are reminding people to take extra care when lighting bonfires.

You can help to reduce the risk of an emergency by ensuring bonfires are:

– A manageable size and built evenly

– Kept well away from property, furniture, fences, hedges and any overhanging branches

– Never left unattended It’s also best not to light bonfires in windy conditions.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites