Forecasters have warned of strong winds and heavy rain during Saturday afternoon and evening, leading to some disruption to travel.
The Met Office issued a warning of strong southerly winds which is expected to affect some southern and eastern parts of England, including Kent, during Saturday afternoon and into the evening.
Gusts are likely to reach 45-55 mph inland with 65 mph possible along exposed coasts.
Heavy rain will be an additional hazard, with as much as 30-40 mm of rain falling in 3-6 hours in some parts of south and south-east England.
What to expect
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and/or large waves
- Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer