Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire on York Road in Canterbury shortly before 10.00pm on Friday.

Two fire engines arrived to a fire on the first floor of a property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus put out the blaze using hoses.

However, two occupants were carried out and passed into the care of South East Coast Ambulance for precautionary checks.

The fire is believed to have spread accidentally from discarded smoking materials.

Following the fire, crews would like to remind anyone who smokes to only dispose of them once they’re fully cooled. If you smoke and you’re not ready to quit, we also urge you to smoke outside – it can help you stay more focused, and more alert. Remember, always stub smoking materials out in an ashtray and only throw in a bin once cold.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites