A family had a lucky escape after it’s believed a chip pan accidentally overheated and sparked a kitchen fire at a house in Black Bull Road, Folkestone. 

Two fire engines were sent to the scene just before 6.00pm yesterday, 16 January.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using hose reel jets fought to extinguish the flames, before ventilating the property with a high pressured fan. 

Hamster

Crews led two adults to safety and rescued a pet hamster from the home. The two adults and two children were treated by paramedics after suffering from suspected smoke inhalation. 


Following the incident, crews are reminding members of the public to take extra care in the kitchen. Always keep looking while you’re cooking and it’s safer to keep pets and children well away from any hot appliances. If you do struggle to juggle mealtimes, try using a timer to remind you if there’s something cooking. 

By Ed

©2022 Hawkinge Gazette       -       Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites