Residents in Ashford are warned to be on their guard after two properties were broken into on Wednesday 2 February 2022.
A property in Highfield Road, Willesborough, was targeted at around 1pm when two white men, wearing dark-coloured jackets, were seen running from the house.
They were described as being in their late teens or early twenties. The home had been searched and a watch, two gold necklaces and a gold ring have been reported stolen.
In a separate incident, in Hever Gardens, Stanhope, a house was broken into between 2.30pm and 5pm, and jewellery was taken.
Whilst officers continue to investigate these burglaries, homeowners are encouraged to check their security arrangements and ensure they take simple steps to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of crime.
• Remove keys, cash and expensive items from view.
• Ensure doors and windows are locked.
• Use a safe that is bolted to the ground or the wall.
• Register important items or make a note of their serial numbers to assist in locating them should they be stolen.
• Also consider mixing up your daily routines where possible, so that you house is not always unoccupied at the same time every day.
Can you help?
Anyone with information about either of these specific incidents should call Kent Police on 01843 222289 quoting references 02-0695 for Highfield Road and 02-1217 for Hever Gardens.
For more advice on burglary visit the Kent Police website.