A fire in a garage in Kennington near Ashford in the early hours of Thursday morning, 24 February 2022 , may have been caused by rodents chewing through an electrical cable say firefighters.

Two fire engines attended the blaze in Aylesbury Road, and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.

A man suffered minor burns and was advised to carry out cool, call, cover’ burns first aid and to attend hospital. 

The fire which destroyed the garage is believed to have started accidentally and has been linked to two possible causes – rodents chewing through the electrical cables, or an electrical fault within a freezer.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites