Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a bathroom fire this morning, 10th April, at a house in Imperial Way, Ashford in which crews wearing breathing apparatus fought flames using hose reel jets, before clearing the property of smoke with a high-pressured fan.

It’s believed the fire accidentally started when flammable items, including a lighter and an aerosol, were left on a windowsill in direct sunlight and exploded after getting too hot. Luckily it’s understood there were no injuries reported.

Following the blaze, firefighters are reminding people to keep areas near windows clear of reflective or highly flammable items that could start a fire if they reach a certain temperature or refract sunlight. 

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites