News

Rubbish tip chemical spill puts two in hospital

Contributed by editor on Aug 09, 2004 - 11:21 PM

<FONT color=black>
RUBBISH TIP CHEMICAL SPILL PUTS TWO IN HOSPITAL


Two people were taken to the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford following a chemical spill at a household waste recycling centre in Folkestone.

<FONT color=black>Fire and ambulance crews were called to the centre in Ross Way, Cheriton, after an unknown substance was spilled while a "compactor" was being used.

<FONT color=black>Firefighters  have now decontaminated the area.