Hawkinge Parish Council Agenda 11 May 2005

Contributed by editor on May 13, 2005 - 05:13 PM


TO:  Parish Councillors

You are hereby summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of Hawkinge Parish Council to be held in the Village Hall o­n Wednesday, 11th May 2005 at 7.30 p.m.

Clerk to Council



1            Election of Chairman

            Chairman to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office


2            Election of Vice-Chairman


3          Parish Council Working Groups

To appoint councillors to serve o­n the Council’s working groups for the ensuing year.   Councillors serving 2004/05 were as follows:

Community Liaison Group  (Cllrs. Brisley, Newton)

Planning and Development Group (Cllrs. Trice, Heasman)

Football Project Group (Cllrs. Trice, Hodgson, Punnett)

Finance (Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Cllr. Heasman)

Public Rights of Way (Cllrs. Callahan, Punnett)


4          Other Bodies

            To appoint representatives to serve o­n the following bodies:

Neighbourhood Management Partnership: (Cllr. Hodgson)

Village Hall Management Committee (Cllrs. Brisley, Heasman)

Shepway Area Committee, Kent Association of Parish Councils

(Cllrs. Heasman, Hodgson)

School Governors (Churchill and Hawkinge County Primary) and Trustee (Executive Committee, Hawkinge Community Centre) are appointed to serve for o­ne Term of Office.


5            Apologies


6          Minutes

To confirm and sign the minutes of the meeting held o­n 13th April 2005 (already circulated)


7            Declarations of Interest

Councillors should disclose personal or prejudicial interest/s in any item/s o­n this agenda.  Councillors with a personal interest must describe and give details of the interest.  Unless the personal interest amounts to a prejudicial interest, he/she may participate fully in the meeting.   A prejudicial interest is o­ne in which a member of the public, with knowledge of the relevant facts, would reasonably regard as so significant that it is likely to prejudice a Councillor’s judgement of the public interest.   Anyone with a prejudicial interest must, unless an exception applies or a dispensation has been issued, withdraw from the meeting room.

Whenever possible, and if in doubt, advice should be sought from the Clerk prior to the meeting.


8          Matters arising out of the Minutes

       (a) Allotments

            Chairman to report o­n an informal meeting.

       (b) Community Centre Car Park

             Chairman to advise councillors of present situation.


9          Reports

Community Liaison Group  (Cllr. Brisley)

Planning and Development Group (Cllr. Trice)

Finance (Chairman)

Public Rights of Way (Cllr. Callahan)


10            Hawkinge Football Ground

Management of the Ground – Cllr. Hodgson


The Football Project – Cllr. Trice


11        Spitfire Leisuredrome

HY&CSC Lease – Chairman to report


12        Finance

       (a) Audit 2004/05

To receive a report from the Internal Auditor (audit to take place o­n 9th May)

To approve the Income & Expenditure, VAT Control and Balance Sheet prepared by the Clerk (enc.).

A copy of the Council’s Risk Assessment that will be reviewed by the Finance Group when it meets this month is enclosed. 

The Council will be asked to sign the Statement of Assurance that forms part of the Audit Return at the June meeting.

       (b) KAPC – renewal of membership for 2005/06 (copies of accounts for 2003/04 and 

2004/05 are enclosed)


       (c) Children’s Entertainment

To authorise the Clerk to book entertainers for August 2005.

       (d) The Bumble Bee Alliance

             Request for a donation (enc.)

       (e) Payments

            To approve payment of the accounts presented at the meeting (list enc.) 

Would councillors please contact the Clerk before the meeting if they have any queries concerning the accounts.


13        Correspondence

       (a) Shepway District Council

Crime and Disorder Strategy 2005 – 2008 (5 copies)

Planning Policy Survey – Local Development Framework (enc.)

       (b) Kent Police – Special Recruitment Campaign (enc.)

       (c) Kent County Council – Minerals and Waste Discussion Pack (enc.)


14        Plans

A list of planning applications received since the last meeting is attached.

The following plan will be considered at the meeting:

Y05/0546/SH North of Gibraltar Lane and land between southern by-pass and Aerodrome Road: erection of 79 houses and flats being details pursuant to outline planning permission Y03/0903/SH.


Please contact Cllr. Trice if you would like to see the plans before the meeting.


15            Webster Way Bollards – Cllr. Hogben



            To resolve that because publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by

Reason of the confidential nature of business to be transacted the public (including the Press) be excluded from the meeting pursuant to the provision of sub section 100 & 102 of the Local Government Act, 1972.


17            HY&CSC Lease

Chairman to report


18            Memorial Garden

Cllr. Hogben to report (enclosures)


19            Hawkinge Football Ground

Encroachment of Parish Council land – Chairman to report


20        Village Hall – Site for Substation

Chairman to report (letter from EDF Energy enclosed).


21        Matters referred to the confidential section during the course of the meeting.