News

Fire victim is re-housed after blaze in Canterbury

Contributed by editor on Feb 27, 2017 - 09:19 PM

A man needed to be re-housed after a fire broke out in the kitchen of his Canterbury home.
 

 


Firefighters were called to the blaze on the ground floor of a two-storey house in Priest Avenue, yesterday evening.


Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the blaze and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the premises.

 

The British Red Cross support vehicle also attended to assist a male resident, who required re-housing. There were no injuries.

 

The fire is believed to have been caused by 'discarded smoking materials'.

more news

2px black line divider

comments

blog comments powered by Disqus