News

Kent seafront chippie restaurant goes up in flames

Contributed by editor on May 10, 2017 - 08:45 AM

 

A seafront chippie in Deal has gone up in smoke after a deep-fat fryer caught fire.

 

 

Firefighters were called to the two-storey building used as a fish and chip restaurant in Beach Street, Deal at around 10.15 on Tuesday 9 May.

Four appliances and a height vehicle were sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire on the ground floor using a hoses.

Crews extinguished the blaze involving a deep-fat fryer unit in the ground floor cooking area and then put out a fire that  had spread to the first floor and ground floor flat roof of the property.

Four fire engines and a height vehicle were on the scene together with Kent Police which managed the traffic control on the busy seafront road.

more news
 

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


comments

Comments powered by Disqus