News

On charge laptop battery suspected after two treated for smoke inhalation in Dover following fire in attic

Contributed by editor on May 15, 2017 - 12:05 PM

 

A man and woman have been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the attic of a Dover property

 

 

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in the attic of a property in Minnis Terrace, Dover yesterday evening shortly after 8.00pm.

Crews were faced with a three storey property with smoke billowing from the attic of the building.

All people in the property were accounted for, but a woman in her 40s and a man in his 20s needed oxygen for the effects of breathing in smoke. Crews used breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to tackle the fire.

The cause of the blaze is believed to be a laptop battery catching fire while it was on charge.

more news

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


comments

Comments powered by Disqus