News

Residents in Ashford flats told to get out after blaze in bin shed

Contributed by editor on May 29, 2017 - 02:55 PM

 

Flats adjoining a bin shed were evacuated yesterday, 28 May, after fire broke out  just before 4.00pm.

 


Kent Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the incident in a single storey bin shed in Drummond Grove, Willesborough.

Firefighters used hose reels to tackle the fire, which caused a large smoke plume and resulted in adjoining flats having to be evacuated as a precaution.

The fire affected external fixtures and fittings of the ground, first and second floor flats. The bin shed was destroyed by the blaze, which also damaged soffits, facia and a window of an adjacent flat.

more news

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


comments

Comments powered by Disqus