News

Firefighters tackle blaze in Margate after baby steriliser is left on cooker hob

Contributed by editor on May 07, 2017 - 04:30 PM

 

Firefighters were called to a property in Kingston Avenue, Margate shortly after 7.00pm yesterday, 6 May.

 

 

Kent Fire and Rescue Service reported that the resident had returned home to find smoke coming from the property and the smoke alarms sounding.

Two fire engines rushed to the address and crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the smoke-filled house, where they discovered the fire in a ground floor kitchen.

They extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and cleared smoke from the property with a special fan.

The fire is believed to have started after a baby steriliser was inadvertently left on the hob.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said it would always advise against storing items on top of cookers as accidents can easily happen, but if you have no alternative, please switch appliances off at the wall beforehand.

more news

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


comments

Comments powered by Disqus