Detectives investigating disappearance and potential murder of Kent woman begin close examination of 2,000 hours of CCTV

Contributed by editor on Nov 09, 2018 - 12:45 PM

Sarah Wellgreen  Photo released by Kent Police


Detectives investigating the disappearance and potential murder of 46-year-old Sarah Wellgreen have now received more than 2,000 hours of CCTV from scores of locations.

Investigators from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have begun a close examination of the footage.

Detective Inspector Chris Greenstreet of the investigation team said: ‘Our officers are continuing with a number of searches and are pursuing numerous lines of enquiry.


‘I would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents and businesses in the area for sending us a significant amount of CCTV from more than 80 locations.

‘We continue to appeal to residents, businesses and landowners in the rural areas around New Ash Green to check their outhouses, and areas surrounding their properties.

‘Dog walkers and anyone out in rural areas should also call us if they see anything that seems suspicious.

200 calls from public

‘We have also taken more than 200 calls from members of the public and I would encourage anyone who has not called us, but who has information that may assist the investigation, to get in contact.’

Sarah was last seen in the Bazes Shaw area of New Ash Green during the evening of Tuesday 9 October 2018 and was reported missing on Thursday 11 October. She has not been in contact with her family since.

She is described as being white, around 5ft 7ins tall, of medium build, with green eyes and straight brown shoulder-length hair.

Bank and credit cards

Her car was left at her home address and there have been no new transactions on her bank or credit cards.

If anyone has any information please call Kent Police on 0207 158 0011, Freephone 0800 056 0154 quoting 11-0423.

Alternatively you can contact the independent charity ‘Crimestoppers in Kent’ anonymously on 0800 555 111.


A man aged in his 30s was arrested on 16 October in connection with this investigation and was released on bail, pending further enquiries, until 16 November.

more news

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


Comments powered by Disqus.