News

Pet dies in major house blaze in Luddenham Close, Ashford

Contributed by editor on Jun 13, 2018 - 11:55 AM


Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a major house fire in Luddenham Close, Ashford in the early hours of this morning 13 June 2018.

Roof destroyed

 

Four fire engines rushed to the scene and crews using three hose reel jets, two main jets and compressed air foam put out the blaze, which completely destroyed the roof and first floor of the property.

 

Pets rescued

 

The residents, a mother and daughter, were outside of the property on arrival and crews managed to rescue two rabbits and a cat, but sadly one rabbit died.

 

The fire is believed to have started in lighting in an upstairs bedroom.

 

Neighbouring homes affected

 

The KFRS Volunteer Response Team was also on the scene, assisting and supporting the residents, as well as neighbours whose properties had also been affected by the fire.

more news

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


comments

Comments powered by Disqus.