News

Lightning blows man out of his shoes

Contributed by editor on Dec 17, 2005 - 09:24 AM


 LIGHTNING BLOWS MAN OUT OF HIS SHOES

A walker from Cheriton who had his shoes and socks blown off by a lightning bolt while walking in the Welsh hills has laughed off his ordeal, reports the Western Mail.


Waiter Joe Hemmings had to be airlifted to Withybush Hospital, Haverfordwest, after being struck by a lightning bolt in the Preseli Hills.

The 18-year-old's trainers and socks were incinerated by the 100m volt strike, which also melted his necklace.

Joe, is now recovering at home after spending six days in hospital. But he laughed off the ordeal, which happened outside the Pembrokeshire village of Tufton in November.

The Western Mail reports him saying: "My clothes were ripped and smouldering - I was just like something from a Tom and Jerry cartoon."
 
Links
  1. https://localrags.co.uk/https://localrags.co.uk/index.php/Printer/2005/12/17/lightning-blows-man-out-of-his-shoes/