Fire [1] | News [2]

Fire: Elderly woman and her pet dog given oxygen for smoke inhalation in Ramsgate blaze

Contributed by editor on Jul 29, 2017 - 02:05 PM

News [3]


Firefighters have treated an elderly woman and her dog for smoke inhalation at a kitchen blaze in Ramsgate on Thursday evening, 27 July.



Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to Packers Lane, Ramsgate just before 10pm. They were alerted by neighbours who heard the smoke alarms sounding in a ground floor flat.

Forced entry

Two fire engines were sent and firefighters carried out a thermal image scan of the property, before forcing entry into the flat. An elderly woman was led to safety.

It is believed something had been inadvertently left on the cooker hob, causing it to smoulder.

Firefighters gave oxygen therapy to the woman, who was then passed into the care of the ambulance service. A pet oxygen mask was also used on her dog, as they had both inhaled smoke from the fire.

more news [4]

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


Comments powered by Disqus