Faversham man jailed for 14 years after attacking victim with metal bar and stamping on his head

Contributed by editor on Nov 07, 2019 - 04:20 PM


A violent assault by a former Faversham man who stamped on another man’s head has led to him being sentenced to more than 14 years in prison.


Lewis Shaw, formerly of Market Street, also attacked the victim with a metal pole and a baseball bat. The 28-year-old pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent, two counts of affray and possession of a knife. A jury found him not guilty to the charge of attempted murder.

He was sentenced to 14 years and three months at Maidstone Crown Court on Tuesday 5 November 2019.


The judge stated that he must serve at least two thirds of the sentence before being considered for release as he is deemed as dangerous. Upon his release from prison he will be on licence for a further five years.

Kent Police report that during the early hours of 16 March 2019, Shaw went to Larksfield Road and assaulted a man in the street by hitting him with a metal pole and baseball bat. Whilst the victim lay unconscious on the floor Shaw continued to stamp and kick him in the head causing serious head injuries. He then got into a car and drove off.


Later the same day, Shaw went to an address in Whiting Street, Faversham, armed with a knife and a hammer. He threw the hammer through the kitchen window and then fled the scene. Following an investigation, Shaw was arrested in Wales on 23 March 2019.

Officer in charge of the case, Detective Constable Rebecca Kemp of Swale CID, said: “This violent and appalling attack highlights what an extremely dangerous individual Shaw is. He showed no mercy for the victim who has been left with devastating and life-changing injuries. Thankfully this significant custodial sentence means he is now off the streets and will no longer pose a threat to society.’

more news [1]
©Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


Comments powered by Disqus