A pair of car thieves who were part of an organised crime group stole vehicles worth around £70,000 from locations that included Medway, Maidstone, Faversham, the Isle of Sheppey and Canterbury over the first half of 2020.
Both men admitted stealing motor vehicles and were sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 30 November 2020.
A 43-year-old man from Hartlip, was jailed for two and a half years and a 46-year- old man from Gillingham, was jailed for two years.
- Communities urged to come together for War Graves Week in Hawkinge and Shorncliffe cemeteries
- Boy hospitalised after ‘stabbing’ in Claremont Street, Herne Bay
- Kent Police launches new Domestic Abuse Hub
- KCC wins £1.3million to boost walking and cycling in Herne Bay and Sevenoaks
- Tree of Hope Kent children’s charity gearing up for Summer Fair at Tonbridge Castle
The offences took place between 7 January and 3 July, with the offenders basing themselves at a site in Spade Lane, Hartlip.
They targeted specific models of vehicle – Suzuki Carrys, Mazda E220s and Toyota Hiluxs. Several caravans were also stolen over the course of the offending.