A pair of car thieves who were part of an organised crime group stole vehicles worth around £70,000 from locations that included Medway, Maidstone, Faversham, the Isle of Sheppey and Canterbury over the first half of 2020.
Both men admitted stealing motor vehicles and were sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 30 November 2020.
A 43-year-old man from Hartlip, was jailed for two and a half years and a 46-year- old man from Gillingham, was jailed for two years.
- Rocks thrown from bridge over A20 in Kent smashes windscreen and showers driver with glass
- Firearm seized in M20 pursuit near Maidstone
- IT company staff walk 3 million steps for disabled Maidstone girl
- CCTV appeal following theft of cigarettes from supermarket in Folkestone
- Kent Police CCTV appeal over theft of gas bottles at Sutton Valence near Maidstone
The offences took place between 7 January and 3 July, with the offenders basing themselves at a site in Spade Lane, Hartlip.
They targeted specific models of vehicle – Suzuki Carrys, Mazda E220s and Toyota Hiluxs. Several caravans were also stolen over the course of the offending.