A pair of car thieves who were part of an organised crime group stole vehicles worth around £70,000 from locations that included Medway, Maidstone, Faversham, the Isle of Sheppey and Canterbury over the first half of 2020.
Both men admitted stealing motor vehicles and were sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 30 November 2020.
A 43-year-old man from Hartlip, was jailed for two and a half years and a 46-year- old man from Gillingham, was jailed for two years.
- House to house enquiries in Folkestone after fracas involving two men and two women
- Parkinson’s disease sufferers benefit from Maidstone crematorium’s recycling scheme
- Cocaine trade in Swanley disrupted by police raid and arrest
- Police patrols in Sevenoaks scupper suspected cocaine supply chain
- Co-op store severely damaged in attempt to steal cash machine near Sevenoaks – Man charged
The offences took place between 7 January and 3 July, with the offenders basing themselves at a site in Spade Lane, Hartlip.
They targeted specific models of vehicle – Suzuki Carrys, Mazda E220s and Toyota Hiluxs. Several caravans were also stolen over the course of the offending.