A pair of car thieves who were part of an organised crime group stole vehicles worth around £70,000 from locations that included Medway, Maidstone, Faversham, the Isle of Sheppey and Canterbury over the first half of 2020.
Both men admitted stealing motor vehicles and were sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 30 November 2020.
A 43-year-old man from Hartlip, was jailed for two and a half years and a 46-year- old man from Gillingham, was jailed for two years.
- ‘Scramble’ at Folkestone Battle of Britain Memorial puts smiles on local faces
- Have your say on Dover Local Plan
- More than 100 cannabis plants seized after search of Canterbury property
- Police stop in Hythe leads to cannabis growing in Wales
- Dover international soccer player’s name lives on at Folkestone Road homes
The offences took place between 7 January and 3 July, with the offenders basing themselves at a site in Spade Lane, Hartlip.
They targeted specific models of vehicle – Suzuki Carrys, Mazda E220s and Toyota Hiluxs. Several caravans were also stolen over the course of the offending.