A pair of car thieves who were part of an organised crime group stole vehicles worth around £70,000 from locations that included Medway, Maidstone, Faversham, the Isle of Sheppey and Canterbury over the first half of 2020.
Both men admitted stealing motor vehicles and were sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 30 November 2020.
A 43-year-old man from Hartlip, was jailed for two and a half years and a 46-year- old man from Gillingham, was jailed for two years.
- Ashford drug dealers jailed for more than 9 years
- Canterbury school plants ‘royal’ tree to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- MP demands East Kent Hospitals maternity service improvements after ‘damning report’
- Kent island bar brawl sees victim beaten by gang
- Folkestone and Hythe MP will continue face to face surgeries
The offences took place between 7 January and 3 July, with the offenders basing themselves at a site in Spade Lane, Hartlip.
They targeted specific models of vehicle – Suzuki Carrys, Mazda E220s and Toyota Hiluxs. Several caravans were also stolen over the course of the offending.