By Tim Prater
It will be necessary to close part of Granville Road East, Sandgate, Folkestone, currently planned from Monday 18 January 2021, to an estimated completion date of 22 January 2021.
Granville Road East, which is located in the centre of Sandgate is to be closed for gas supply works during this period.
The alternative routes for any through traffic are:
- Southbound via A259 Sandgate High Street, Parade Road and Granville Parade
- Northbound via Granville Parade, Granville Road West and A259 Sandgate High Street
The remainder of Granville Road East will become two-way to allow essential access / exit up to where the road is closed.
Granville Parade will become two-way between the junctions with Granville Road East and Parade Road, to allow its use for the diversion.
The closure is to enable SGN Gas to carry out works to provide a new gas supply.
- Two teenagers sentenced for brutal Canterbury city centre assault
- Stun gun and drugs seized during investigation linked to illegal trade of puppies
- Lion cub litter born at Port Lympne wild animal park near Hythe
- Folkestone car park to be used as vaccination centre
- CCTV issued following assault on Whitstable bus driver
- Police appeal following arson in Cliftonville
Due to the nature of the works, the road will need to remain closed at all times.
The timing and duration of these works may be affected by various factors including the current coronavirus situation and weather conditions.
Up to date information on these works can be found on www.one.network
The SGN Gas Customer Service Centre phone number is 0800 912 1700 – www.sgn.co.uk