By Tim Prater
It will be necessary to close part of Granville Road East, Sandgate, Folkestone, currently planned from Monday 18 January 2021, to an estimated completion date of 22 January 2021.
Granville Road East, which is located in the centre of Sandgate is to be closed for gas supply works during this period.
The alternative routes for any through traffic are:
- Southbound via A259 Sandgate High Street, Parade Road and Granville Parade
- Northbound via Granville Parade, Granville Road West and A259 Sandgate High Street
The remainder of Granville Road East will become two-way to allow essential access / exit up to where the road is closed.
Granville Parade will become two-way between the junctions with Granville Road East and Parade Road, to allow its use for the diversion.
The closure is to enable SGN Gas to carry out works to provide a new gas supply.
- Ashford drug dealers jailed for more than 9 years
- Canterbury school plants ‘royal’ tree to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- MP demands East Kent Hospitals maternity service improvements after ‘damning report’
- Kent island bar brawl sees victim beaten by gang
- Folkestone and Hythe MP will continue face to face surgeries
- Police hunt for man who breached court order related to stalking in Folkestone
Due to the nature of the works, the road will need to remain closed at all times.
The timing and duration of these works may be affected by various factors including the current coronavirus situation and weather conditions.
Up to date information on these works can be found on www.one.network
The SGN Gas Customer Service Centre phone number is 0800 912 1700 – www.sgn.co.uk