Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus have rescued a woman from a fire in Folkestone following a 999 call received at 17.20 on Monday 15 January, stating that a neighbouring property was on fire.

Upon arrival, thick black smoke was seen to be issuing from the property in Naseby Avenue, Folkestone.

Crews rescued the woman who was suffering the effects of breathing in smoke. She was given oxygen and passed to the care of paramedics.

The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites