A drug dealer found with more than £500 worth of illegal substances has been jailed.
Tyler McDermott, 21, was arrested after attending Margate Police Station in relation to an unrelated incident on Thursday 24 October 2019.
Analysis of his phone found messages dating back at least three months arranging drug deals with users.
McDermott from Ramsgate, admitted two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply and one count of possessing class B drugs with intent to supply when he appeared before Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 7 December 2020.
He was jailed for two-and-a-half years at the same court on Monday 1 February 2021.
- Canterbury gallery to mark district’s diverse population
- Suspected dealer confronted by sniffer dog ‘Dougal’ as he stepped off train in Chatham
- Communities urged to come together for War Graves Week in Hawkinge and Shorncliffe cemeteries
- Boy hospitalised after ‘stabbing’ in Claremont Street, Herne Bay
- Kent Police launches new Domestic Abuse Hub
‘The sentence handed down in this case shows that the courts take such offending seriously and I hope it sends out a warning to anyone tempted to get involved in drug dealing.’