A drug dealer found with more than £500 worth of illegal substances has been jailed.
Tyler McDermott, 21, was arrested after attending Margate Police Station in relation to an unrelated incident on Thursday 24 October 2019.
Analysis of his phone found messages dating back at least three months arranging drug deals with users.
McDermott from Ramsgate, admitted two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply and one count of possessing class B drugs with intent to supply when he appeared before Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 7 December 2020.
He was jailed for two-and-a-half years at the same court on Monday 1 February 2021.
- Co-op store severely damaged in attempt to steal cash machine near Sevenoaks – Man charged
- Give your unwanted IT gear and gadgets a new home without giving away your data
- ‘Hated’ Hythe hoardings on Princes Parade to come down
- Gravesend lecturer’s painting and decorating talents impress and inspire others
- Phone snatched from Bluewater employee after attack in shopping centre
‘The sentence handed down in this case shows that the courts take such offending seriously and I hope it sends out a warning to anyone tempted to get involved in drug dealing.’