Seized heroine that has been wrapped up Photo NCA
National Crime Agency officers have made two arrests after a total of 300 kilos of heroin and cocaine was found concealed in a consignment of parcels heading to the UK.
Two men – Hungarian nationals aged 31 and 32 – were arrested in Bristol on the evening of 8 February, after taking delivery of 15 boxes into which the 250kg cocaine and 50kg heroin had been loaded.
The boxes were delivered to an address in the Filton area of Bristol, where officers moved in to arrest the recipients.
- Kent Police County Lines team arrest 22 in April
- Matt wins election for Kent’s Police and Crime Commissioner
- Pair rumbled as they attempt to smuggle cocaine worth £19m on empty coach through Dover Port
- Maidstone sex offender who used neighbour’s Wi-Fi is jailed
- Girl treated in hospital after assault by man in black in Kings Hill
NCA Branch Commander Martin Grace, said: “The size of this haul indicates the involvement of significant organised criminals, who would have made millions by getting these drugs successfully to the UK market.
“Heroin and cocaine fuel violence and exploitation throughout the UK. The NCA works tirelessly with partners including Border Force to disrupt the class A drugs trade and identify those behind it.
“Our investigation continues.”