Seized heroine that has been wrapped up Photo NCA
National Crime Agency officers have made two arrests after a total of 300 kilos of heroin and cocaine was found concealed in a consignment of parcels heading to the UK.
Two men – Hungarian nationals aged 31 and 32 – were arrested in Bristol on the evening of 8 February, after taking delivery of 15 boxes into which the 250kg cocaine and 50kg heroin had been loaded.
The boxes were delivered to an address in the Filton area of Bristol, where officers moved in to arrest the recipients.
- Second man arrested following report of sexual assault in Canterbury
- Kent firefighters warning after bedroom mirror sparks house fire
- Motorcyclist killed in crash with Nissan X-Trail in Chatham
- 16-year-old boy charged with attempted murder of teenage girl in Sittingbourne
- Looking out for vulnerable as nightclubs and bars reopen in Rochester this weekend
NCA Branch Commander Martin Grace, said: “The size of this haul indicates the involvement of significant organised criminals, who would have made millions by getting these drugs successfully to the UK market.
“Heroin and cocaine fuel violence and exploitation throughout the UK. The NCA works tirelessly with partners including Border Force to disrupt the class A drugs trade and identify those behind it.
“Our investigation continues.”