Blackmail charges have been brought against a man and woman from Ashford.
The charges follow an investigation by Kent Police into a report of a series of demands for money made to two people in Dover between Sunday 17 January 2021 and Saturday 20 March.
A man aged 22, and a 28-year-old woman, both from Ashford, were charged on Thursday 25 March with making an unwarranted demand for money with a view to gain money or with intent to cause loss to another.
- Weather warning of flood risk to Kent tonight!
- New images released of boy missing from Sevenoaks since 10th October
- Ashford drug dealers jailed for more than 9 years
- Canterbury school plants ‘royal’ tree to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- MP demands East Kent Hospitals maternity service improvements after ‘damning report’
The woman was released on bail to appear at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Friday 7 May.
The man appeared at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 25 March where he was remanded in custody to next appear at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 26 April.