Blackmail charges have been brought against a man and woman from Ashford.
The charges follow an investigation by Kent Police into a report of a series of demands for money made to two people in Dover between Sunday 17 January 2021 and Saturday 20 March.
A man aged 22, and a 28-year-old woman, both from Ashford, were charged on Thursday 25 March with making an unwarranted demand for money with a view to gain money or with intent to cause loss to another.
- Dashcam footage sought after Ashford collision in which 18-year-old motorcyclist died
- CCTV images released after Ashford burglary of high-value bikes
- Ashford council looks to tackle anti-social behaviour at Conningbrook Lakes
- Spaniel puppies stolen from property in Denton near Hawkinge
- Former treasurer of charity run Sittingbourne pre-school ordered to repay £33,000 of stolen money
The woman was released on bail to appear at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Friday 7 May.
The man appeared at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 25 March where he was remanded in custody to next appear at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 26 April.