Blackmail charges have been brought against a man and woman from Ashford.
The charges follow an investigation by Kent Police into a report of a series of demands for money made to two people in Dover between Sunday 17 January 2021 and Saturday 20 March.
A man aged 22, and a 28-year-old woman, both from Ashford, were charged on Thursday 25 March with making an unwarranted demand for money with a view to gain money or with intent to cause loss to another.
- Teenage boy reports phone stolen after threats by armed men in Dartford – CCTV released
- Canterbury court jails lorry driver involved in ‘people smuggling’ network
- Land Rover stolen as owner paid for fuel at Edenbridge service station
- Dover councillors agree to rejigging polling districts
- Mother and partner guilty of 18-month-old child’s murder in Faversham village
The woman was released on bail to appear at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Friday 7 May.
The man appeared at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 25 March where he was remanded in custody to next appear at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 26 April.