Kent Fire and Rescue Service has been called again to an ‘out-of-control’ bonfire – this time at Romney Marsh.

Two fire engines were sent to the home in Coast Drive at 7.00pm yesterday 24 June, and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames. 

It’s reported the out-of-control bonfire accidentally spread to a nearby shed and fence.

No casualties were reported. 

Following the incident, crews are again having to remind people to always make sure bonfires are built to a manageable size, and positioned well away from any property, sheds, fences or any foliage. 

KFRS say bonfires should never be left unattended and once you’re finished, dampen it down fully with water to ensure the fire is out.

By Ed

©2021 Hawkinge Gazette       -       Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites