An overheated laptop is believed to be the cause of a bedroom fire in Margate late yesterday evening (18 September).

Two fire engines were sent to the scene of the blaze in Barnes Avenue, and crews arrived to find the family safely outside the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to put the fire out, which is believed to have started after an overheated laptop caught nearby bedding alight.

KFRS’ volunteer response team provided support to the family. There were no reported injuries.

Following this incident, fire crews are reminding people to switch off and unplug electrical items such as laptops, phones and chargers when not in use, and to avoid leaving them on, or close to, bedding, cushions or other soft furnishings.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites