Firefighters were called to a blaze in a bedroom on Darby Road, Folkestone shortly after 5.00 on Sunday evening.

The blaze is believed to have been caused by a cat knocking over a candle.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to put out the fire.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service is warning of the dangers of candles.

As we move into the winter months Kent Fire and Rescue Service is urging the public to be extra vigilant when lighting candles.

For more safety advice please see: www.kent.fire-uk.org/candles

By Ed

©2021 Hawkinge Gazette       -       Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites