Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a kitchen fire in Manorfield, Ashford shortly after 9.00am on Thursday 6 January

One fire engine was sent to the scene, and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before clearing the property of smoke with a high-pressure fan.

A dog sadly died at the scene.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally, after items were left on the kitchen hob.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites