Kent Fire and Rescue Service is reminding the public to have their chimneys swept regularly following a fire in Appledore, near Ashford.

Two fire engines and a height vehicle were sent to the incident on The Street just after 1.00pm on 2 March 2022.

Firefighters tackled the blaze with hose reel jets and a fog spike.

Following the incident, crews are reminding everyone to reduce the risk of a chimney fire by having it swept and cleared of debris regularly.

If you burn logs, you should have this done at least twice a year. If you burn coal, you should have this done at least once a year.

No casualties were reported in the incident at Appledore.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites