Two men who forced their way into a Dartford home and carried out a violent knife assault have been jailed for a total of more than 20 years.

Grant Odejeh and Elias Spencer repeatedly stabbed the victim as he lay defenceless on the floor, leaving him with life-threatening injuries.

L to R Odejeh and Spencer desktop
Odejeh (left and) Spencer

The assault took place on 20 November 2021.

‘I’ll stab you – I’ll kill you’

Odejeh had initially threatened the man as he was with family and friends at a location in Temple Hill Square. Both parties were previously known to each other and Odejeh warned: ‘You’re lucky I don’t do you right now. I’ll stab you; I’ll kill you.’

Shortly after making the threats, Odejeh then travelled to the victim’s home address accompanied by Spencer and a third accomplice.


Armed with knives including a machete, they forced entry and chased the victim through the property. The man tripped and fell to the floor, where he was repeatedly stabbed and slashed.

The attack took place in front of a relative of the victim and his partner, who were also left fearing for their lives.

The assailants then fled the scene and the victim was rushed to hospital by those who had also been in the property. He was then transferred to a specialist centre in London with critical injuries, including a severed artery in his leg.


Knowing that officers were actively looking for him, Odejeh handed himself in at North Kent police station on 22 November. Spencer surrendered himself to the same station, on the following day.

At Maidstone Crown Court, both men denied any wrongdoing though and the case went to trial.

Odejeh, 20, of Knights Manor Way, Dartford, was found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent and with possessing a knife in a public place.

Spencer, 23, of South Road, Forest Hill, London was convicted of the same offences. He was also found guilty of perverting the course of justice, in relation to threats made to a witness.

No charges were brought against a third suspect, who was also arrested.

Sentencing took place on Thursday 30 June 2022, when Odejeh was jailed for 10 years. Spencer was sentenced to 10 years and six months.


Leading the investigation was PC Scott Spedding, of the County Line and Gang Team, who said: ‘There can be little doubt that Odejeh and Spencer are excessively violent and extremely dangerous offenders.

‘They subjected the victim of this case to a terrifying and frenzied assault and were clearly intent on causing the most harm they possibly could.

‘It is only down to good fortune and quick thinking from his associates that the victim was not fatally wounded.’

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites