Emergency services including Kent Police are currently at the scene of a serious multi-vehicle crash on the M2 motorway (19.45 3.7.22). National Highways Traffic Officers are providing assistance with traffic management.
As a result of this incident, traffic has also been held on the westbound carriageway to allow an Air Ambulance to land.
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the solid circle diversion symbol.
- Exit the M2 eastbound at J3 and at the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A229
- At the next roundabout (Lord Lees Roundabout), take the 1sit exit to continue on the A229 southbound
- Continue southbound on the A229 and then join the M20 eastbound
- Continue on the M20 eastbound until J7
- Exit the M20 eastbound and then join the A249 northbound (Sittingbourne Road)
- Continue northbound on the A249 to then re-join the M2 eastbound at J5
If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey.
Further information is available from National Highways by visiting our www.trafficengland.com website and travel apps, or via our regional twitter feed.
Our 24/7 contact centre team is also available to provide up to the minute information on 0300 123 5000.