Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to reports of a fire in a flat on Broadstairs High Street shortly after 4.00pm on Sunday (20 August).

Four fire engines and a height vehicle were dispatched to the scene, where crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze in the bathroom using hose reel jets.

Two people were treated by SECAmb paramedics for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been an electrical fault.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites