Library image

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a tumble dryer alight at a flat in Molineux Road, in Minster, Ramsgate at lunchtime (28 November 2023)

Two fire engines were sent to the property and crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using hose reel jets, before using a high-pressured fan to clear the smoke. 

Two people were treated by SECAmb paramedics as a precaution for minor smoke inhalation. 

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental. 


Kent Fire and Rescue Service is warning people using a tumble dryer or any similar appliance, such as a dishwasher or washing machine, to ensure they are in good working order and maintained as instructed in the manufacturer’s guidelines. 

People are advised to only run cycles when home and awake and to have a working smoke alarm on each floor of their property.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites