Words and Photos by Ray Duff
A new project was launched for Christmas by Creative Folkestone on Friday evening as a set of silhouette stories was shown on the side of Quarterhouse theatre behind Tontine Street.
The films were made by the Young Animators Club, featuring the work of 34 youngsters made during the Autumn Half-Term period based on The Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales.
A series of their stories is projected from Payers Park onto the side of the building in a continuous loop so people can come and go to watch and enjoy whilst ensuring safe-distancing.
- Attempted bike theft in Ramsgate sees two in hospital after helping victim and their attackers fleeing from motorcyclists
- Victim stands his ground against suspected armed robber in Ashford
- Kent homeowners urged to be aware of online scammers after £70,000 transferred to rogue bank account
- Catalogue of arrests made across Kent during Anti-social Behaviour Awareness Week
- Shops closed down after 12,000 untaxed cigarettes seized in combined police operation across Medway
There are six films being shown over a two hour period on Friday and Saturday evenings from 4pm – 6pm (excluding Saturday 12th) and will conclude on Saturday 19th December.
There will also be animation kits available so people can make their own at home, or you can collect from Moo like a Monkey shop in the Old High Street.