Photo of the missing handbag
An appeal has been issued by investigators following a report of a robbery in Maidstone.
The incident happened at around 12.30pm on Friday 18 December 2020 in Willington Green.
It is alleged a woman in her 30s was walking with her child from shops in Willington Street when a teenage boy pulled a bag from her shoulder and ran off.
Police Constable Chris Welham of Maidstone CID said: ‘While investigators are completing enquiries in the area, including the examination of CCTV footage, we would like to hear from anybody who witnessed the incident or saw the suspects.
‘I would also appeal to motorists who were in Willington Street or Willington Green between midday and 1pm with dashcam, to check for any footage that may assist our investigation.
‘We have issued a photo of the missing handbag and are asking anyone who finds it discarded to contact us.’
Anyone with information is urged to call the appeal line on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/223389/20.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111 or using the anonymous online form.
- Attempted bike theft in Ramsgate sees two in hospital after helping victim and their attackers fleeing from motorcyclists
- Victim stands his ground against suspected armed robber in Ashford
- Kent homeowners urged to be aware of online scammers after £70,000 transferred to rogue bank account
- Catalogue of arrests made across Kent during Anti-social Behaviour Awareness Week
- Shops closed down after 12,000 untaxed cigarettes seized in combined police operation across Medway
- Pedestrians hospitalised after group is hit by car following fracas in Canterbury High Street