A teenager has been arrested in connection with reports of beach hut break-ins in Herne Bay.
Kent Police was called to Spa Esplanade in the town shortly before 11pm on Sunday 20 December 2020 to reports of torchlights seen around the beach huts nearby.
Officers found a beach hut had been broken into and a second hut had also been tampered with.
Officers arrested a 16-year old boy from Herne Bay in connection with the break-ins. He was further arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article and riding a motorbike otherwise than in accordance with a licence. He has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- Attempted bike theft in Ramsgate sees two in hospital after helping victim and their attackers fleeing from motorcyclists
- Victim stands his ground against suspected armed robber in Ashford
- Kent homeowners urged to be aware of online scammers after £70,000 transferred to rogue bank account
- Catalogue of arrests made across Kent during Anti-social Behaviour Awareness Week
- Shops closed down after 12,000 untaxed cigarettes seized in combined police operation across Medway
- Pedestrians hospitalised after group is hit by car following fracas in Canterbury High Street