A teenager has been arrested in connection with reports of beach hut break-ins in Herne Bay.
Kent Police was called to Spa Esplanade in the town shortly before 11pm on Sunday 20 December 2020 to reports of torchlights seen around the beach huts nearby.
Officers found a beach hut had been broken into and a second hut had also been tampered with.
Officers arrested a 16-year old boy from Herne Bay in connection with the break-ins. He was further arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article and riding a motorbike otherwise than in accordance with a licence. He has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- Ashford drug dealers jailed for more than 9 years
- Canterbury school plants ‘royal’ tree to mark The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- MP demands East Kent Hospitals maternity service improvements after ‘damning report’
- Kent island bar brawl sees victim beaten by gang
- Folkestone and Hythe MP will continue face to face surgeries
- Police hunt for man who breached court order related to stalking in Folkestone