A teenager has been arrested in connection with reports of beach hut break-ins in Herne Bay.
Kent Police was called to Spa Esplanade in the town shortly before 11pm on Sunday 20 December 2020 to reports of torchlights seen around the beach huts nearby.
Officers found a beach hut had been broken into and a second hut had also been tampered with.
Officers arrested a 16-year old boy from Herne Bay in connection with the break-ins. He was further arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article and riding a motorbike otherwise than in accordance with a licence. He has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- Rocks thrown from bridge over A20 in Kent smashes windscreen and showers driver with glass
- Firearm seized in M20 pursuit near Maidstone
- IT company staff walk 3 million steps for disabled Maidstone girl
- CCTV appeal following theft of cigarettes from supermarket in Folkestone
- Kent Police CCTV appeal over theft of gas bottles at Sutton Valence near Maidstone
- Specials cast their net for illegal anglers in Monk Lakes near Maidstone