A teenager has been arrested in connection with reports of beach hut break-ins in Herne Bay.
Kent Police was called to Spa Esplanade in the town shortly before 11pm on Sunday 20 December 2020 to reports of torchlights seen around the beach huts nearby.
Officers found a beach hut had been broken into and a second hut had also been tampered with.
Officers arrested a 16-year old boy from Herne Bay in connection with the break-ins. He was further arrested on suspicion of possessing a bladed article and riding a motorbike otherwise than in accordance with a licence. He has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- ‘Scramble’ at Folkestone Battle of Britain Memorial puts smiles on local faces
- Have your say on Dover Local Plan
- More than 100 cannabis plants seized after search of Canterbury property
- Police stop in Hythe leads to cannabis growing in Wales
- Dover international soccer player’s name lives on at Folkestone Road homes
- Dover village residents call for Pimlico Way to be closed