A Folkestone drug dealer who was caught with illegal substances three times in just over a year has been jailed.
John Andrew was found with LSD, MDMA, heroin, cocaine and cannabis following work by officers from the town’s Community Safety Unit.
The 43-year-old admitted possession of class A, class B and class C drugs with intent to supply at Canterbury Crown Court and was jailed for five years on Friday 8 January 2021.
PC Katie Garcia, of the Folkestone Community Safety Unit, said: ‘Andrew’s repeated possession of a range of drugs, even after he was charged, shows he was determined to keep dealing and profit from the misery of others.
‘This case highlights the importance of residents proactively coming forward with information that supports police in prosecuting drug dealers and I would like to thank everyone who helped our work.
‘The five-year sentence handed down by the court shows that considerable prison terms await drug dealers and I hope it will act as a warning to anyone else tempted to get involved.’
- IT company staff walk 3 million steps for disabled Maidstone girl
- CCTV appeal following theft of cigarettes from supermarket in Folkestone
- Kent Police CCTV appeal over theft of gas bottles at Sutton Valence near Maidstone
- Specials cast their net for illegal anglers in Monk Lakes near Maidstone
- Woman in 50s threatened by boy while waiting for bus in Herne Bay
- Victim of Gillingham street robber grabbed around the throat as he sat in taxi