Builders, plumbers and tradespeople in the Dover area are being advised to take steps to protect their belongings against theft.
The advice comes after four reports were made to police that tools had been stolen from vehicles overnight between Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 January 2021. In all of the reports one or more of the windows of the vehicle were broken.
Inspector Fred McCormack from Dover Community Safety Unit said: ‘Losing your tools due to crime when you need them for work can be frustrating and disruptive to your job.
‘If possible, we ask vehicle owners to empty their vans at the end of the day.
‘Also consider parking in a well-lit area, and install CCTV.
- Four arrested as officers stop car and seize drugs in Ramsgate
- Witnesses sought following mystery death of man near Dartford
- CCTV released following high value shoplifting in Aylesham
- Three indecent exposure reports in Paddock Wood thought to be same man
- Community News – Folkestone & Hythe
‘Get your tools security-marked, because if they are stolen, it’ll be harder for criminals to sell them on but easier to reunite them with their owners if we recover them.’
Anyone with information regarding any of these incidents should contact Kent Police on 01843 222289 quoting 46/10723/21.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers in Kent anonymously on 0800 555 111, or by visiting crimestoppers-uk.org.