Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) was called to reports of a fire at a flat in Dane Road, Margate shortly after 11.00pm on Saturday 27 February.
Three fire engines and a height vehicle were sent to the scene and crews wore breathing apparatus while using hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.
KFRS has reported that a dog died at the scene. No other casualties were reported.
- Attempted bike theft in Ramsgate sees two in hospital after helping victim and their attackers fleeing from motorcyclists
- Victim stands his ground against suspected armed robber in Ashford
- Kent homeowners urged to be aware of online scammers after £70,000 transferred to rogue bank account
The cause of the fire, which started in the living room, is believed to be accidental.